Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

AN OLD LADY

 

"AN OLD LADY"
BY YASHRA RUBAB



One day, I and my mother went to grandmother’s village. I was in street suddenly, a girl was passing by and stopped to salaam at my mother. When my mother asked her about Amina, her eyes were filled with tears and she said that she was dead. My mother started crying. After reaching home, my mother was upset and told me Amina had my best friend in childhood. She had four brothers and three sisters. She was elder than her siblings. She had got married at a very young age. His husband was a very honest, polite, and educated person. He was a supervisor in the textile industry. Later on, she had two sons and one daughter. They were very happy with the children and enjoying life.

 He was going to the industry. After a few hours, one man came a home with sweating clothes and told her “Amina, Your husband is dead due to an accident. May Allah gives you patience.” she was screaming and shouting after hearing this word. The villagers have been shocked to hear the screams. She had small children.  The whole village was taking praying for it. Two months later, the daughter was born. She was very upset and always time thought about his children. She used to take care of buffaloes all day and sewed the clothes at night. His mother and father-in-law used to treat her badly. They would not even give him a share of the fields. She had raised children with great difficulty.

I went to the village. It was a sunny day. She was working in the fields and his clothes full of sweating and then I went to her house at night, she was sewing clothes. I was shocked that she was working day and night to raise the children

When the land divided, his Brother-in-law gave him a single room that was near the field nobody was lived around there. The children had scared at night and she encourages them. When his children were growing up. She engaged the elder daughter Hania with the vegetable seller’s man. He made things for his daughter's wedding and she took money from his brothers for furniture. She was married to his daughter's with great difficulty.

After this, my mother, had started crying and couldn’t repeat the name of Hania but at night, I and my mother was lying in a bed and then she talked about Hania, Hania was a very beautiful and young girl his husband was a very nice and hard work person. He had four brothers and three sisters. After marriage, Hania's mother-in-law teased her. She and his daughters were very cruel So, Hania worked all day but her sisters-in-law were didn’t care about him and don’t give him food. When his husband came home every night her sister had to complain that Hania doesn't work all day and she gives an answer in front of her mother. He used to beat Hania every night.

One day, his husband was not at home and nothing thing was present to eat. She said to his mother-in-law that I'm so hungry but still his mother-in-law did not give me food to eat. She was hungry for many days but she never told her mother.  One time, the oppressors beat him and broke his nose bone. They were cruel to poor Haniya. His husband caught his children and kicked them out of the house. On the other side, Hania’s brothers had married. She and his mother used to cry all day and sought help from Allah. After a few years later, Allah helped him and now she was happy with his husband and his husband built his own three shops After all, Hania and his husband went for Umrah.

My mother went to a village. She was in street suddenly, She heard the voice of an old lady but nothing body was present there. She was shocked. When she near the house window she saw a young lady was lying in a dark room and nobody was there. The main gate was opened in the home. She entered in the home; she heard some happy voices beside the room.

When my mother entered the room, no light was open and a very bad smell was coming from this room. My mother was shocked when she saw Amina was there. “Ah, ah, Amina you” May Allah have mercy on you and his eyes are full of tears. Suddenly a cruel girl came and said who are you? My mother makes silent and then Amina introduced the girl “This is my son’s wife”. My mother came back from there without saying a word.

Later on, his elder son suddenly heart attack and then a paralysis attack. Her wife and children were very upset due to this situation of the father. There was no one to earn money in their house so, His wife used to feed the children by asking for money from people and relatives. My mother used to say that who treated others badly God would show him the end.


Post a Comment

0 Comments